As programming in the Teaching Hub builds, this Resources page of our website will continue grow and develop. In light of the current COVID-19 pandemic we are posting a number of critical resources here. We will refine and clean up the resources available over time.
These resources offer a record of some of our recent programming, and documents circulated to support instructional development in Summer 2020.
- Fundamentals of Effective Online Teaching Practice (Thanks to our colleagues at the University of Windsor for the initial development)
- Minimum Technology Guidelines for Online Teaching
- Online Course Design for Humans (Thanks to our colleagues at Trent University for sharing)
Nipissing Specific Tutorial Content
- A full suite of Blackboard Learn and Collaborate training videos
- Training Talks (specific micro-training on Blackboard tools and interviews with guest speakers)
- Lockdown Browser and Respondus Monitor
- How to format your Exam for Online Delivery in Blackboard (please be logged into Blackboard)
- Slide deck from Formatting Tests and Exams for Success
- Example of a formated Word Doc Asessment.
- Slide deck from the June 3, 2020 workshop on Creating Community in the Classroom (Online)
- Slide deck from the June 10, 2020 Lunch and Learn with Dr. Doug Gosse
- Slide deck from the June 23, 2020 workshop on Experiential Learning Online
- Slide deck from the June 24, 2020 workshop on Student Perspectives on Asynchronous Learning
Other useful resources
- The Scholarly Teacher blog
- Keep Teaching webinars
- eCampus Ontario Extend program – the 6 modules are being worked through with a NU Community of Practice through the summer months (June - September)